1. Game. What goes around comes around, like a game of boomerang.
The game of life is a game of boomerangs. Our thoughts, deeds and words, return to us sooner or later, with astounding accuracy.
(Florence Scovel Shin, Epigraph)
2. Dream. Many fears dissolve when you consider you might be dreaming.
A dreamer is one who can only find his way by moonlight, and his punishment is that he sees the dawn before the rest of the world.
3. Movie. Bring the popcorn and enjoy the emotional roller coaster!
Life is a tale, told by an idiot, full of sound and fury, signifying nothing.
(William Shakespeare, Macbeth, Act 5, scene 5, line 27)
4. Dance. Finally a break from the more “solipsistic” metaphors. Consider life as a way we interact with everyone around us. You either lead, or follow. Your choice.
Life is a dance. If you’re smart, you learn the steps.
5. Battle. If you hold this school of thought, you’re very liable to experience a lot of stress, anger, and conflict. But there is one advantage of even this dire outlook: it hardens your skin and toughens you up.
“Accept the challenges so that you may feel the exhilaration of victory.” (General George S. Patton)
6. Song. Life is a creative expression and we’re all contributing toward some great magnum opus.
Every heart sings a song, incomplete, until another heart whispers back. Those who wish to sing always find a song. At the touch of a lover, everyone becomes a poet.
7. Journey. Most people around us are going on autopilot, but since we’ve woken up to the reality of things, its time to take control!
Life is a travelling to the edge of knowledge, then a leap taken.
(David Herbert Lawrence)
8. Mystery. Why are we here? What is the nature of this universe? What is the nature of consciousness? What lies beyond death? As long as you continue peering through this perspective, you can ponder these conundrums endlessly and never come up with an answer: an answer would not be a mystery
Our life is a book that writes itself and whose principal themes sometimes escape us. We are like characters in a novel who do not always understand what the author wants of them.
9. Party. When life gives you lemons, bring out the salt and tequila!
“Life may not be the party we hoped for, but while we’re here we should dance” (Unknown)
10. Opportunity. Whatever our time in this world might be, it’s an opportunity. An opportunity to grow, to learn, to change, to develop, to create, to enjoy.
But this pretty much sums it up:
“Life is an opportunity, benefit from it. Life is a beauty, admire it. Life is a dream, realize it. Life is a challenge, meet it. Life is a duty, complete it. Life is a game, play it. Life is a promise, fulfill it. Life is sorrow, overcome it. Life is a song, sing it. Life is a struggle, accept it. Life is a tragedy, confront it. Life is an adventure, dare it. Life is luck, make it. Life is life, fight for it!”