Everything from design and illustrations to gadgets and leather beer holder for bikes, the world continues to churn out inspiring creations – and for a moment, everything seems okay again.
From latin « bi » and « occulus », respectively meaning « two » and « eye », the word « binocle » is nowadays a kind of old-fashioned synonym for « glasses ». Maison Binoclette is a vintage sticker brand which creates different cult pair of glasses from our time.
I’d personally pick the Aviators and Nerd.
2. Creative agency TheLoudCloud just released their first iPhone app called LoudCloudMixtures, which creatively pairs 15 contemporary illustration with tasty contemporary cocktails, creaking an image exclusively for the app. This is a fab app for mixologist and designer’s alike – read: alcoholics who are suckers for packaging. i.e Me. And guess what? It’s free!
3. Cool graphics and illustrations from I LOVE DUST at http://www.ilovedust.com. They apply typography beautifully and have a knack for creating dynamic environments by flooding a page with striking colors and texture. Be sure to check out the rest of their portfolio for some serious illustration & design inspiration! Fantastic stuff worth checking out – would make for great wallpapers too.
4. Take your leather for a ride. Walnut Studiolo has a full range of leather bike accessories for sale on Etsy. Beautifully hand crafted leather pieces by Geoffrey Franklin to dress and deck your wheels, with different carriers – even a beer holder for your 6 pack. Wicked.
5. Adorable gadget, the robot headphone splitter keychain. You can buy it here.
6. DIY Nike Air Speakers. Feel the beat on your feet. While I don’t think you can actually go out in one of them, they do look pretty cool. Wanna make one for yourself? Check it out here.
7. Worked produced for a private expo that took Place in London Soho.
8. Seen on the streets. While most people do it at night, Artnak does it during broad daylight. A daytime action by graffiti provocateur, Human The Miha Artnak, a versatile artist and designer of visual communications. “The chase if better than the catchphrase”.
9. Dawn Tan is a classic Melbourne talent. I’m a great admirer of her illustrations and artwork. You can follow her blog here at http://www.hand-made-love.blogspot.com/
10. iEverything stand – what a brilliant way to organize your work space! Minimalistic design by Andrew Kim for mac lovers, the stand holds iEverything in a manner that makes it easy to charge and orient as secondary (and subsequent) displays. The keyboard can be teamed up with the iPad in the forefront and the iMac in the background.
Extracted from Behance Network
Each year CPNB (Collective Promotion Dutch Literature) Organised the Dutch Book Week to Promote Dutch literature. And every year a specific genre is being profiled. And Every year a specific genre is Being profiled. This year the (auto) biography is featured. Souverein made the artwork and did an amazing job creating realistic images. Souverein made the artwork and did an amazing job Creating realistic images. Even original book pages were used for the text inside the portraits to get right structure for each portrait. Even original book pages were used for the text inside the portraits to get right structure for each ‘portrait.
Concept: Markus Ravenhorst, Maarten Reynen. Artwork: Souverein Artwork: Souverein